A retail minute clinic and an urgent care center are both fast, convenient, and affordable alternatives to the emergency room or a physician’s office. While they both provide alternative medical care, and are open 7 days a week on a walk-in basis, there are differences in the services they provide.
Here is a breakdown in the difference in services:
- While minute clinics have staff members who are experienced in the medical field, they aren’t always staffed by a licensed physician.
- The medical providers can usually diagnose and prescribe medications for a limited amount of medical conditions such as allergies, colds, flu, and strep throat.
- Some minute clinics can also conduct screenings, but tests are sent off to a separate lab to obtain results.
AFC Urgent Care
- Our experienced and board-certified physicians can diagnose and treat a wide variety of medical conditions on a walk-in basis.
- We perform many physicals such as sport, camp, school, work and DOT physicals.
- We administer flu shots as well as immunizations and vaccinations for those traveling abroad.
- We conduct on-site lab tests for services such as drug screenings and STD screenings.
- We can provide treatment for non-life threatening injuries, illnesses, and infections.
At AFC Urgent Care Fairfield, we offer quality care at an affordable price. Our advanced urgent care center offers extended hours on nights and weekends to accommodate the busiest of schedules. We are open every day from 8am to 8pm.
For more information about the services we provide at our center, feel free to visit us any day of the week or call us at 203-583-8400.